Thursday 1 March 2012

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?




I believe that  things like costumes are massively important whilst trying to make a film as realistic as possible. In my film, I feel that dressed my actors appropriately for their role. The assassin was dressed in a hooded jacket and then changed clothing when the murder was commited.I had in my banker  dressed in very smart clothing, wearing a grey suit, this symbolised how he was an important banker. What made him stand out was the close up on his breifcase and the smart clothing he was wearing compared to the civillians. On the other hand, my other actor, Luke, was dressed in a hooded outfit to give the devious feel about him. Personally, I think that having appropriately dressed actors in a film really makes it look more professional as opposed to having actors dressed in clothing that does not match his part the he plays.






Secondly,the title of my film is one of the most obvious conventions of my film that does not challenge the action/drama genre of my film. 'The Assassin' is the name of my film and the reason why I chose it is because it doesn't really give too much away but it still highlights how the main idea of the film is about stalking and assassination.



Lastly, In allot of ways I feel that my product develops and challenges conventions of an actual media product. I believe that locations affect massively in helping to create a successful film by setting the scene, they should compliment the film and help it flow so the audience don't get confused. I also that my location fits this well. I used a massive royal square with lots of space to set the scene and then gradually moved to some dark alley ways . This was good because it helped me created a busy atmosphere for my actor who was about to get to be assasined and also allowed my stalker to blend in with the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment